Good Things Come To Those Who Water Their Plants

I found this while browsing Pinterest but I cannot
 find the original source, I take no credit for this design or
quote.

Not the cheeriest of posts but hopefully it has valuable content and a purpose

I'm one of those people who waits for things to happen and they never do. My first job was work experience which I had to do as part of school. Since then I have been jobless, I did try looking for a while but  after so much rejection you start to lose hope. I've learned that if I want good things to happen, I have to make them happen. Sitting around won't get you a job. 

I started doing some volunteering and it wasn't just because someone told me to do it. I volunteered to help support a charity called 'Macmillan Cancer' and I also volunteered for me. I needed to feel like I was doing something for the precious people that cancer had taken from me. I lost my gran, Agnes -or my Gran Ness as I used to call her- when I was young and I still haven't gotten over it, I don't think that I ever will. She was such an important part of my life as a child. She taught me manners, she helped me with my homework, she cooked with me, told me stories about the war and took me places I hadn't been before. 

I heard my mum talking on the phone, she was speaking to my gran. I pressed my ear up against the door and I tried to fight back my tears but when my mum told me it was like my worst nightmare had came true. Lung cancer. I was so young and it was a difficult thing to deal with. I didn't want to go and see her because I knew that she was suffering and it was too hard to watch, but at the same time I wanted to be there to comfort her. When she got to the stage where she couldn't leave her bed, I knew that we wouldn't have much longer together. She looked exhausted, she was pale and hardly able to speak. My mum and I opened and showed her the Christmas presents we had bought for her: Some new pajamas and some lip-balm, which I applied to her lips, this was the last moment I got to spend with her and she passed away during that same night. She is my inspiration and I think about her all the time, especially now that I am getting older and thinking about my future. I know that she would be proud of me for passing all my exams and getting into college; which is why she is my motivation. 

We all need to find something that can motivate us, whether it's goals we set for ourselves, making someone proud or just peace of mind knowing that someone is always watching over us. 

You have to put effort in for there to be results because nothing gets handed to you on a plate. That's just life.